Welcome to My Personal Page
Please help me support the fight to beat lung cancer!
I am fundraising for the 13th Annual “A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities” because:
• I am SO incredibly grateful for the gift of life; for the love, prayers and support of my husband, children, family and friends over the nearly three years since my diagnosis; for the medical advancements that have been made to date, even though much more is needed; for both traditional medical and complementary care from my oncologist and my brother’s (Wellness Doctors); for surviving what is, by far, the most shocking diagnosis I could ever have imagined.
A quick update.....It has been an up and down battle over these nearly three years, especially challenging have been the last six months. In February, I had a gamma knife surgery procedure on a few spots in my brain. In March, I had 2/3rds of my right lung removed by full thoracotomy, which I’m still rcovering from. The good news, I was told at a follow up appointment six weeks later that there was no evidence of disease (NED) remaining anywhere. What a cause for celebration!! Unfortunately, that was short lived. At the May follow up (post gamma knife procedure) I learned that there was progression in the brain. I am now on a new medication, double dose, to treat the progression. We pray continually it will be successful.
• The Breath of Hope Lung Foundation is an organization I am very interested in supporting so that I might, as an ambassador, have a positive impact on those struggling to cope with the often challenging physical and emotional roller-coaster that this disease presents;
• Lung cancer is the deadliest cancer, claiming more lives than breast, colon and prostate cancers COMBINED;
• Most patients are diagnosed in stages 3 or 4 due to lack of preventative screening and subtle, if any, symptoms;
• More than 160,000 Americans will die of lung cancer this year; half are nonsmokers when diagnosed; and
• Lung cancer research remains dramatically underfunded.
The “A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities” began in 2007 after a group of lung cancer patients, their family members and their nurses experienced the lack of awareness, resources and support for this devastating disease. They realized that without action, the then 15% survival rate would not improve.
A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3)organization in 2008 to fight lung cancer through awareness, patient and family support and innovative lung cancer research.
Please consider participating in the run/walk with me and/or a making a donation to support my efforts to beat this unfair, underfunded and misunderstood disease. Look for the links to sign up and/or make a donation.
I appreciate you, your prayers and your support.
Thank you very much.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.