Saturday, August 12, 2017
7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Lake Harriet Bandshell, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join us to celebrate the 11th Annual A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities! The A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk was first held in 2007 by a group of lung cancer patients, their family members and their nurse. They recognized Minnesota's need for lung cancer awareness and patient support.
A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation became established as a 501(c)(3) in 2008. A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation's mission is to raise lung cancer awareness, provide patient and family support and fund innovative lung cancer research. While lung cancer takes more lives than breast, colon and prostate cancers combined, it remains underfunded and out of sight. Sadly, we have stigmatized a disease that affects 1 in 14 Americans - smokers, nonsmokers, men, women, young and old. A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation believes every life is worth fighting for.
Please join us at the 11th Annual A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities for a day of fun and a chance to remember and honor our loved ones.
New this year!
- 10K: We've added a longer distance for the serious(ly crazy) runners. The 10K course is certified for accuracy and all runners will be chip-timed.
- Technical t-shirts: All 10K and 5K runners will receive a sweat-resistance running shirt!
- Finisher medals for all 10K and 5K runners.
- Runner Awards by Age Division: The first place male and female runners in the following age divisions will receive a $50 gift card! Divisions are as follows: 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ years.
- Is fundraising required? No, fundraising is optional but encouraged! A registration fee ($15-$50 depending on age and event type) is required and nonrefundable.
- What is the difference between a personal page and a team page? All run/walk registrants automatically receive a personal and team fundraising page after registering. You can customize either page and share it with your loved ones to ask for donations or invite them to register for the event. Both pages have the same functionality with the only difference being the team page is recommended for those who want to competitively fundraise as a team or walk/run as a team. We recommend sending your supporters to your personal page to make a donation as this will ensure you (and your team, if applicable) will receive credit for the donation.
- How do I fundraise and/or invite my loved ones?
- Login to act.abreathofhope.org/twincities in the upper righthand corner using username and password you created during registration.
- Click "Participant Center" in the upper righthand corner.
- Click "Personal Page".
- Click "URL Settings" in blue font near the top to personalize your unique webpage address. You can copy/paste this URL to email to friends and family or post on social media.
- Add photos or update the webpage text. If you are a team captain, click on "Team Page" and update that as well.
- Click "Email" if you would like to send emails from within our system.
Early Packet Pick-Up
New location! Marathon Sports/Fleet Feet: 2312 W. 50th St., Minneapolis, MN 55410. Friday, August 11th, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registrants, check-in early and pick up your t-shirt to beat the lines Saturday morning.
Parking and Shuttle Services
Parking lots are limited at Lake Harriet. Parking is available as posted on sidestreets around the lake. We recommend carpooling.
Presenting sponsor, Northfield Lines, will be graciously providing complimentary shuttle service around Lake Harriet. Shuttles run from 7-9 a.m. and after the race. Shuttle stops are located at:
- W. 43rd St and the intersection of Lake Harriet Pkwy
- Sheridan Ave and the intersection of Lake Harriet Pkwy
Itinerary: Saturday, August 12
7:30 a.m. Registration, check-in and t-shirt pick-up open
8:15 a.m. Opening ceremony, warm ups, survivor photo (at stage)
8:30 a.m. 10K run begins (chip-timed, certified course)
8:35 a.m. 5K run begins (chip-timed, certified course)
9:00 a.m. Survivor bus tour departs (from parking lot west of band shell. Bus loads at 8:50 a.m.)
9:05 a.m. 5K walk begins (in parking lot west of band shell)
9:45 a.m. Runner awards - 1st place man and woman in each age division: 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ years
10:15 a.m. Oncology update
10:30 a.m. Fundraising prizes
10:45 a.m. Rose Raft of Remembrance (Roses on sale at ABOHLF Tent: $5 each)
11:00 a.m. Meet ABOHLF staff and board
11:30 a.m. Event ends, park remains open
As is normal with charity events, registration fees are non-refundable.